Hi i need help AA battary to charger?

giojoxa

Joined Feb 26, 2022
hi
So i have fabric shaver winch need 2 AA batteries. i would like to power it with charger 5v 1a ,so use no batteries is it safe? or how to do it which power adapter use max voltage? and how to connect?
i upload picture connect that way?1.jpg

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A 3V wall wart would be good.
That's the simplest.

Do you know how much current the load requires?

Alternately you could likely use an LM317 regulator to drop the 5V to 3V.
Example circuit below:
Rload is your simulated fabric shaver load.

1645940497101.png

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I can’t recommend it without testing but I have a small motorized device similar to what you are using. It has no electronics in it, and it powered by two AA cells. It eats batteries, so I connected it to my variable power supply and found that it ran considerably better at 5V than with the 3V of the battery.

The additional current to the motor made it more efficient at the job and it did not seem to heat up excessively. I believe the 3V was chosen because it works and it is a reasonable size in the form of two AAs. Using three would be too big, and three AAA cells would go flat very quickly.

Keep in mind, my device has no electronics, and I slowly increased the voltage while checking for heating or other problems. I expect that your device (again, assuming no electronics) would operate like mine. But it’s not risk free so judge for yourself.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
i done it but it spins too fast, looks no ssfe so i need less than 5 v
Well, you could use a buck converter module to accept 5V and drop it to whatever is ideal. The little modules are everywhere, you just need to choose one of a good physical size can take 5V in and be adjusted to about 3V. You also need to make sure it can handle the current, which is bound to be under 1A.