Help with Thevenin equivalent

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi Ylich,
Welcome to AAC.
As this is a Homework assignment, please post your attempt at answering the question, we can then guide you through the problem.
E

Ylich

Joined Apr 27, 2019
Oh sorry, oke thanks. This is what i have got. I assume that i know the value of Rg, Vcc, R1, R2, an Vin(t); so i have 3 unknown values: Rth, V'in(t) and Vbias; then i have 3 unknown values and 2 equations, is that ok?. By the way, do you use any software to draw circuits?

Attachments

Ylich

Joined Apr 27, 2019
Is there a method that gives you both in one? Can i use thevenin when the circuit mixes both dc and ac sources?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Is there a method that gives you both in one? Can i use thevenin when the circuit mixes both dc and ac sources?
Not really. The whole idea of a Thevenin equivalent requires that we be talking about a linear circuit. But the large signal behavior of most transistor circuits is very nonlinear. So what we normally do is treat the circuit as two circuits superimposed -- a DC circuit and an AC circuit with the excursions of the AC circuit being small enough that we can pretend it is linear, at least over the range of the excursions and at least to a degree that is acceptable for our purposes.