Help With Reverse Wiring!

Samuel_adelman

Joined Jan 21, 2017
So, on the side of my motor its mentions the orange and yellow leads.
As it says, plug yellow into orange for cwse, and orange into orange for ccwse.

My question: There are two yellows and two oranges.

To turn the motor ccwse, do i only need to plug orange into orange thus leaving the two yellows detached? Or do i need to plug the yellows together as well?

Attachments

Samuel_adelman

Joined Jan 21, 2017
You can only plug in MA to FE (male to female) connectors.
So the connections are only two ways, I would assume you connect both pairs for either CW & CCW.
Max.
I am attempting to make a switch that changes the direction easily. Here is what I have drawn up:

Yellow to orange = CW, where as Orange to Orange = CCW.

So, with the switch in mind, it seems that there will be the Yellow female tied off.

Makes sense to me, am I missing something?
Sam

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am attempting to make a switch that changes the direction easily. Here is what I have drawn up:

Yellow to orange = CW, where as Orange to Orange = CCW.

So, with the switch in mind, it seems that there will be the Yellow female tied off.

Makes sense to me, am I missing something?
Sam
I believe you just swap all four the male and female connectors, not as you have shown.
Max.

Samuel_adelman

Joined Jan 21, 2017
On the motor it says plug yellow into orange for cw, and orange into orange for ccw.
If i made a switch that had Orange female stagnant, and switched between the two MALES, i would have an unused yellow female.

Can i do this?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Your motor label shows 2 MA and 2 FE so each pair can be interchanged.
If in doubt, connect one pair only at first.
e.g the orange pair has a FE and a MA on each.
Do you want to do it with a reversing switch?
Max.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
If you plan to remove the connectors to connect the wires to a reversing switch make sure you mark the wires to identify them. So for example marke the orange and yellow wires that have the male connectors with black tape anf mark the orange and yellow wires that have the female connectors with red tape. One pair will be a winding. The other pair will be power to the winding. If you get the pairs mixed up you will short the power out directly or via the capacitor. You will need a double pole double throw switch possibly with a center off position. You should arrange the switching so you can not go from forward to reverse until the motor is stopped. You need to tell use how you plan to arrange the switching so we can draw a schematic for you.

Les.