Help with power supplies in series to add

prizzy

Joined Feb 17, 2012
Hey everyone. I have a radio shack learning lab, which has a bread board and 6 different voltages, 1.5-9V. My daughter and I are messing around, and are trying to get 12V's without any capacitors. I know you can just wire batteries in series, but not sure if that will work with the power supplies. I think they all use a common ground, and I know I don't want to run the voltage straight to that. We want to, say, add 3V and 9V. Is there a way to do this?

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Hey everyone. I have a radio shack learning lab, which has a bread board and 6 different voltages, 1.5-9V. My daughter and I are messing around, and are trying to get 12V's without any capacitors. I know you can just wire batteries in series, but not sure if that will work with the power supplies. I think they all use a common ground, and I know I don't want to run the voltage straight to that. We want to, say, add 3V and 9V. Is there a way to do this?
If they use a common ground, no you can not connect them in series.

You need either isolated power supplies to be able to put them in series or a boost converter (to increase voltage)