Help with Oscillator and FM transmitter

Wikidani

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Hi guys, I was making a little FM morse transmitter but I have a little problem with the connections of the oscillator, it uses an IC 555 but I don't really know what to do with one of the connections. Also would these two work together?
Thanks ^^

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The output of the 555 goes into your transistor oscillator via the 20uF capacitor, (omit the speaker, 1K pot, and 10uF cap).

What circuit are you wanting to use?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The first transistor (on the left) in the FM transmitter is a preamp for a low level microphone. The signal level from the 555 is about 300 times higher so do not use the first transistor and feed the 555 through a 1uF coupling capacitor into a 10k volume control which is connected to the 20uF capacitor on the base of the RF transistor. Turn down the volume so that it plays about the same loudness as a radio station.
The output of a 555 is a buzz, not a tone.

Wikidani

Joined Aug 17, 2018
So I should connect the 3rd pin on the 555 to a 1uF, then to a 10k resistor and then to the 20uF capacitor from the transmitter?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Thank you very much, now I only have to make the diagram with the two things together. Do you have any advice for it?
I use Microsoft Paint program to copy and paste parts together on a schematic.
You should use a sinewave oscillator to make a smooth tone instead of the buzz from a 555 oscillator. Or you could filter out some of the harshness of the 555 rectangular waveform.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A resistor in series then a capacitor to ground at its output filters away high frequencies. Make 2 or 3 of these in series.
Resistors and capacitors are cheap. Money grows on trees.

Attachments

pyroartist

Joined Oct 9, 2015
Your new 10K pot is not hooked up correctly. It cannot adjust anything if you don't connect the wiper (arrow). The right hand side of the pot
should go to ground. The wiper should connect to the 20 uF. input capacitor.