help with my rectifier to two smaller circuits

keithisdoped

Joined Aug 22, 2011

hi in this schematics you can see i have made a dice game , a buzzer and a rectifier. i designed the dice and buzzer separately from the rectifier.
after the designs were done i tried combining the rectifier to the dice and buzzer circuit but every time i trial run it, the rectifier blows in multisim , what am i missing? or what have i done wrong? anyway the 5MR is there to decrease the 9v to 5ish V for the 4017 ic.

this is my final year project and requirement of 3 different circuits thus the separation of lot's of things.
i would really appreciate the help! thanks geniuses :D

Attachments

keithisdoped

Joined Aug 22, 2011
C4 should be a little lower 0.1 uf like C5
it was initially suppose to be 0.33uF but i bought 0.33F without looking and so i thought the nearest to 0.33uF was 1uF which i had extra thus soldering it in haha.. anyway i just changed C4 value doesn't seem to do a difference..

nah it's connected correctly because when i remove the rest of the circuit , the rectifier works...

ian123

Joined Aug 24, 2011
No it wont C4 and C5 are for transients and is recommended by the manufacturer.

apart from that i dont see anything wrong with your circuit.

if you want you could simulate just the rectifier circut thn see if the transfomer blows

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
If it is actually a 0.33 Farad capacitor, then it is VERY large. It may have a low voltage rating. If the voltage rating on the 0.33F cap is low, it will look like a short to the transformer output.