Help with mechanical keyboard soldering

lukatreska

Joined Apr 24, 2019
Hi all,
I recently took on a project in my spare time to desolder the switches off a keyboard and solder on new ones. When I soldered in the new ones, I tested all the keys and everything worked as expected. However, after I put the case and keycaps back on, the keyboard keeps looping the letters "qweru". At this time I can only use the windows key, which stops the loop but then renders the keyboard useless, and the only thing I'm left with is the windows key.
Not sure at this point if it's a hardware issue or a software issue. I was hoping someone could shed some light on this, I am a network security engineer and I don't have any experience with soldering.
Thanks,
Luka

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
It sounds like you have a solder bridge somewhere. Good photos of the work you did could help us diagnose the problem. They need to be sharp and well lit. The solder joints can be very specular, so be sure reflections don't obscure the actual connections.

lukatreska

Joined Apr 24, 2019
I seem to have fixed it. I'm not sure what the exact issue was but I cleaned up some of the solder. Hopefully that did it. Thanks again Yaakov.