Help with MC2100E controller component ID. (2)

chema3030

Joined Jan 18, 2021
[QUOTE = "ericgibbs, publicación: 1591384, miembro: 73660"]
hola chema,
Lo mejor que puedo encontrar es esto.
[/QUOTE]
Gracias ericgibbs,. Este vídeo me ayudará mucho. Pero primero necesito saber el valor de la resistencia quemada..

Moderator edit: En inglés, por favor. Este es un sitio en inglés.

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Having trouble finding the S4025L replacement as I can find S4025LTP as a replacement but not certain if it work as it should as I compared the datasheet it looks pretty the same as the S4025L is obsolete

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
As i tried looking in Ireland as I found mouser has them it something like €1.98 but the handling/shipping charge is like €20 that a rip off to be honest I have to find one alot less than that.
Farnell Ireland has it as well and it still about €15 for the item and the shipping/handling charges
I have to try the S4025LTP as a replacement as it pretty much identical as I can order one for €8 for the item and postage

Last edited:

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Any one know to test TD3052 with a digital multimeter as I have diode tested it on pin 1 to 2 gives something like 1.083 on that but the the rest of the pins no reading but changed it to ohm reading it all over the place starts from 45.50 Mohm then rapidly falls and pin 1 and 2 something like 14.35 Mohm but keeps raising. Would this mean TD3052 is toasted?
Sorry if I posted it in another forum as I'm looking for answers

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
As it on the Icon 2003 MC2100E rev c as the TD3052 is on U4 but I have taken it off the board for dmm testing and I can only get a reading in pin 1 and 2 but the rest I can't get a reading on other pins on the rest dmm modes except ohm reading where it either rising or falling in value. Last I checked before removing the board I did tested the incline motor that makes the running floor up and down that was working just fine. It just the main track motor won't move when pressed start but I did test the track motor with a 12v play station power supply and that moves just fine without issue. As I'm currently waiting on the S4025L and TD3052 to arrive. Is there anything else I need to check/test on the board as it beginning to annoy me not able to find fault. Any help would be great

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
OK I see it is the H.V. DC Ramp up SCR driver.
Bit of a job to test that unless you set up a SCR test circuit.
The sub method is the best of course.

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Can anyone point out to me if the DB1 is responible for the power to the motor side of things as I am kinda confused as im getting power to the console and it funtions like normally but there's no power to the motor. Since I haven't replace the bridge rectifier. Would this be the real reason why it not getting voltage to the motor side of things???

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The bridge rectifier is responsible for the HV DC motor supply, also feeds a 5v regulator for the Micro.
When a command is issued, the LED should slowly flash and the DC output of the SCR ramps up the DC to the motor.
To test the board stand alone, it requires a 20Hz PWM signal into the HD2 socket.

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
I had a check it gbj 2508 bridge rectifier from 1 to 4 pins it read 0.971 in diode mode then 2 to 4 pin it read 0.530 then 3 to 4 it read 0.517.
Something tells me that reading from 0.3 to 0.7 reads good anything lower or higher than the value would mean it needs to be replace since the pin 1 to 4 reads a higher value if I'm correct in saying?

Edwired

Joined Jan 14, 2021
Ok seems im on the correct path in replacing that and the second question I have is the r36 as far as i know it a stackpole mr3 .01 ohm resistor is this suppose to have a short in diode mode either way as i get a reading 000.3

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Component notations may be different between models, on the reverse engineered print it is R32 .01Ω
Some meters do not measure that accurately down below 1Ω.