HELP WITH INFO ON A TRANSFORMER??

boomhauer

Joined Jul 16, 2020
wondering if anyone has any insight on this transformer. do not know what it came out of or when and i haven't had any luck with the numbers on it or else i have overlooked it on a page . i know nothing of transformers but it seems to be a dual voltage primary but i could be wrong. on the side with 5 wires 3 of them have continuity
IMG_20200719_203008.jpgIMG_20200719_203014.jpg

boomhauer

Joined Jul 16, 2020
probably but i do not have any power supplies that are missing their transformer and i would like to know the specs on it if someone might be able to help with that. again, i can find nothing with those numbers for some reason and i am just guessing as to it being dual voltage with a center tap and on the secondary.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I don't think it is intended for 120V/240V.
It is probably a custom made job for a switch mode supply so there will probably be no data available for it.

boomhauer

Joined Jul 16, 2020
I don't think it is intended for 120V/240V.
It is probably a custom made job for a switch mode supply so there will probably be no data available for it.
i found it came out of a playstation2 powersupply but that is all i have been able to find. am thinking of trying to use it in a diy benchtop supply so now i have to figure out what is what as far as primary and secondary and whatnot so i can then see about stepping it up a bit in order to get a -V. know nothing more or less about this stuff and it seems as if is taking an extra ordinary amount of time to figure all this stuff out. 3 phase bout did me in years ago so i have a overly strong respect for what electricity can do to a human being in a very short amount of time

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
This not a 50Hz/60Hz transformer. Do not try connecting it to your house supply. It will not end well.
You could possibly make the playstation supply, with the transformer refitted, into a bench supply, if it still works.

boomhauer

Joined Jul 16, 2020
This not a 50Hz/60Hz transformer. Do not try connecting it to your house supply. It will not end well.
You could possibly make the playstation supply, with the transformer refitted, into a bench supply, if it still works.
that was exactly what i had planned on using it for, a bench supply. never even crossed my mind to connect it to the mains in my house. i live way out in the country and alone so by the time anyone found me if something happened the dogs would have already disposed of me i am sure...lol