Help with fixing switches

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Darrin McCoy, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Darrin McCoy

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I am a new member and looking for a little help. It should be easy to fix but just need some assurance before trying anything. I am disabled and have a power lift that the momentary push buttons broke off. I am hoping I can replace the current switches with an aftermarket switch and just solder it to the board or jumper it from the wires. Please see attached pictures. Thank you for any help. I really appreciate it.

2. Darrin McCoy

Sep 25, 2017
    Sorry my computer shut down and I wasn't able to finish or upload more photos. This photo shows the following: how would wire in new switches correctly? Thanks again

Yellow - 3 prong switch locations
    Red top right - 12v power
    Red top left - 12v power to the motor

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Three terminals for a push button isn't normal. No pics of part numbers. No outside size measurements. No measurements of pin spacing. That's why nobody knows what switch to buy. I can tell the switches are low current because they drive a relay. Backside photo shows the switch pins near the edge of the board go nowhere, therefore, the other two pins are normally open, momentary.

4. Darrin McCoy

Sep 25, 2017
    Sorry I realized I didn't provide much information. Hopefully the following is helpful

This is a Armstrong wheelchair lift in the picture and it works as follows.

1. I turn the unit on with the Toggle Power Switch on the end (Ref E)
    2. Press and hold either power Up or Down (Ref C and D) and release when it is in correct position. There doesn't seem to be any limits or safety functions because it continues to run as long as the buttons are held in

Here are some more pictures and hopefully helpful information. When I connect the green lines the lift moves up and down accordingly. I can't get me mind around how the switches work. I appreciate your help. Please let me know what else I can provide that would be helpful.

Board
    A - Input
    A1 - 12v
    A2- Gnd

B - D.C. Motor output
    B1 - 12v
    B2 - Gnd

C - UP Button switch - top to bottom of switch
    C1 - 12v
    C2 - Gnd
    C3 - Post

D - Down Button switch - top to bottom of switch
    D1 - 12v
    D2 - Gnd
    D3 - Post

E - Power On/Off Switch
    E1 - 12v
    E2 - Gnd

Switch sizes - 1/2 x 1/4 x 1

5. Darrin McCoy

Sep 25, 2017
    The pins measure 1/8th between them and the Switch is approx - 1/2 x 1/4 x 1

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
  7. Darrin McCoy

Sep 25, 2017
    The hole size is 1/4 x 1/4"

8. Darrin McCoy

Sep 25, 2017
  9. Darrin McCoy

Sep 25, 2017