Help with diagram, What do I see here?

pdani_2002

Joined Mar 17, 2021
I need to write about what this is(generally), and the parts(which company makes them, and what type are they). Sorry for the bad image quality, I got it like this.Feladat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What do I see?

I see two PLC racks, a primary and secondary rack with the following modules: power, CPU, interface, timer, analog IN, digital IN, analog OUT, digital OUT modules written in a Slavic language.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Don't think it would be a Timer Input module as timing is done in the CPU, maybe a Temperature/Thermocouple Input module.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Don't think it would be a Timer Input module as timing is done in the CPU, maybe a Temperature/Thermocouple Input module.
There are specific timer modules in a PLC rack that are used for on-delay and off-delay functions. In addition to the timing function they provide one or more sets of contacts. PLC's were invented a decade before the first microprocessor. Some of what they do is more than a little bit arcane.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I still remember loading PLC programming from a cassette tape deck but don't think I ever saw a timing module. They do make modules for just about anything you can think of or want though. If the print was better maybe we could look up the module model numbers...

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I still remember loading PLC programming from a cassette tape deck but don't think I ever saw a timing module. They do make modules for just about anything you can think of or want though. If the print was better maybe we could look up the module model numbers...
This is what they used to look like, Sam. Still around, but in much more compact DIN cases...

61Tbm6BcC2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Sure, I used lots of octal base relays and timers all the time before or in addition to PLCs. I was a big fan of A-B SLCs when they came out as really good, inexpensive, small PLCs that didn't cost more than a few octal base modules and did a whole lot more. But I can't remember a PLC timer module. Time to google and see what's out there... Hmmm... Didn't find one except for newer DIN rail stand-alone timer modules (instead of octal base) and references to the various internal PLC timer programming blocks.

EDIT: I think we are talking about 2 different things. What I am referring to is a module that sits in the PLC base itself. Which is also DIN-rail mounted but has slots for their basic modules to be plugged into the PLC base. When you filled up the base, some PLCs supported a second base w/its own power supply module but driven by the Logic of the first base/rack.

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Sure, I used lots of octal base relays and timers all the time before or in addition to PLCs. I was a big fan of A-B SLCs when they came out as really good, inexpensive, small PLCs that didn't cost more than a few octal base modules and did a whole lot more. But I can't remember a PLC timer module. Time to google and see what's out there... Hmmm... Didn't find one except for newer DIN rail stand-alone timer modules (instead of octal base) and references to the various internal PLC timer programming blocks.

EDIT: I think we are talking about 2 different things. What I am referring to is a module that sits in the PLC base itself. Which is also DIN-rail mounted but has slots for their basic modules to be plugged into the PLC base. When you filled up the base, some PLCs supported a second base w/its own power supply module but driven by the Logic of the first base/rack.
Here, Sam: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABB-Brown-...893599?hash=item48ecf1799f:g:wx8AAOSwvEFfWSv5

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Now that is really an Antique, pre-1980s. I used to have an antique Temperature rack-module on a bookshelf in my office at the plant. It actually used tubes in it and was a real boat-anchor. No idea what kind of rack it came out of. Was a relic from when the 1st Foxboro I/A Series 100 controls were installed at the Boiler House long before my time there.