Help with breadboard setup.

1213brett

Joined Feb 1, 2015
Hi I am working on a project. When the servos are plugged in by them selves they work. Same with the lights but when put on the board together. nether works. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Not sure it matters here, but my breadboard has two regions with separate power rails. It requires jumpers to carry power across the center, to connect the rails of the two regions. As Max says, start probing voltages.

jamesd168

Joined Nov 8, 2014
did you check to see if there is enough juice in the batteries? if you have been working for a while, you may drain the battery to the level that it only has limited juice to run one of the two applications you have. this is why I always use a bench top power supply to run a project like this. nowadays you can get pretty inexpensive power supplies, Volteq or Mastech has one at $49.95 that can put out 0-15V and 0-3A, the model is HY1503D I believe.

Denesius

Joined Feb 5, 2014
Volteq or Mastech has one at $49.95 that can put out 0-15V and 0-3A, the model is HY1503D I believe.
$49.95?? How about less than $5! Go to your local Goodwill/HFH/Salv Army center; they have gobs of wall-warts with various ratings, and nowadays, most of them are switchers, not just simple transformers....
Last time I checked, they were $1.50 each, so I picked up 1 or 2 of each voltage

Denesius

Joined Feb 5, 2014
wow, never thought about that. I will check it out next time. are these regulated adjustable output power supplies you got?
No- they're fixed voltage. But they are regulated, and for something like your project, you can just pickup a 6-volt unit. Very common.
Cut off the plug at the end and just use the bare wires