help with a motor circuit

westxjim

Joined Dec 25, 2014
I have a wood turning lathe with an AC induction motor. It has a reversing switch that I believe has gone bad. I am attaching the schematic from the control box that I can't figure our. help would be appreciated with the symbols.image.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It looks like one of the famous Chinese switches, the square box to the left of OUT is usually the way a coil is represented, the switch to the left of the coil is a manually operated switch or E-stop and the K is a manual operator for the relay, often on these machines the relay armature is pushed manually and then a retaining contact keeps it on.
Many of these prints vary to some degree, there does not seem to be a standard unfortunately.
If they have used wire numbers, you could trace them to confirm.
Max

westxjim

Joined Dec 25, 2014
It looks like one of the famous Chinese switches, the square box to the left of OUT is usually the way a coil is represented, the switch to the left of the coil is a manually operated switch or E-stop and the K is a manual operator for the relay, often on these machines the relay armature is pushed manually and then a retaining contact keeps it on.
Many of these prints vary to some degree, there does not seem to be a standard unfortunately.
If they have used wire numbers, you could trace them to confirm.
Max
thanks!