Help- Vibration/impact activated Hockey Stobe/Horn

KlaplNte420

Joined Nov 9, 2019
My little boy just started his first year of Hockey and I couldn't be more proud. The little man has a sparkle in his eye lol. So I built him a backyard Ice Rink. He has been using it all day every weekend and every day after school. So I thought I'd make it a little more exciting with Rotating Red Beacon and Selectable Goal Horn sound that is activated by the puck hitting the inside of goal frame, or possibly infrared break beam.

This seems easy enough to do as far as the beacon goes, but how could I incorporate a SD card with a few audio files, that uses a toggle switch to select one of three Goal horn sounds? I'm very new to electronics. Bought an arduino and still cant find the nerve to open it. Almost daunting task. Any help is appreciated.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Learning to use an Arduino alongside basic electronics is one way to go. You’ll still need to know basic electronics with an Arduino. How to actually drive the air horn for example. The Arduino can help to determine when to sound the horn but you’ll still need to know how to set up a MOSFET or BJT transistor to get enough current to sound the horn and light.

What the Arduino can do is play the sounds you want with an amplifier. There are ‘shields’, which are no more than add on circuits, to extend the Arduino function. Sparkfun has one for sound, which plays MP3 files under program control. It even has a built in amplifier.

If not for this project, break out that Arduino soon. There is a free utility that helps write code (or sketches) and loads it onto the Arduino. There are many resources to help you code, such as the online reference material and sample programs for every feature and shield. Plus AAC. You can just copy and paste in many cases.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
My little boy just started his first year of Hockey and I couldn't be more proud. The little man has a sparkle in his eye lol. So I built him a backyard Ice Rink. He has been using it all day every weekend and every day after school. So I thought I'd make it a little more exciting with Rotating Red Beacon and Selectable Goal Horn sound that is activated by the puck hitting the inside of goal frame, or possibly infrared break beam.

This seems easy enough to do as far as the beacon goes, but how could I incorporate a SD card with a few audio files, that uses a toggle switch to select one of three Goal horn sounds? I'm very new to electronics. Bought an arduino and still cant find the nerve to open it. Almost daunting task. Any help is appreciated.
This will do the job using switches and without an Arduino:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/323...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_53

Attachments

KlaplNte420

Joined Nov 9, 2019
I appreciate the info. Also, something I thought of, how could I set the light and horn to reset after a specific amount of time?