Help -solving RL -RC Differential Equations

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

In this section we ask that the person asking the question show their best attempt to solve the problem first.

You should probably start with just the first question and show some work and then we can take it from there, doing the other questions later.

marten

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Hi,

In this section we ask that the person asking the question show their best attempt to solve the problem first.

You should probably start with just the first question and show some work and then we can take it from there, doing the other questions later.
I have almost finiched my teacher lecture about this subject but it only have tones of rules without adequate examples
this new subject is the most complex subject we have ever took in the electric theory
if you could help by chose examples or video that explain examples abut solving the two order circuit
that gonna help me

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not buying the too complex line. I have two questions:
  1. Is it possible for current to flow through an open switch?
  2. What voltage do you think there is across the capacitor just before the switch is opened?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I have almost finiched my teacher lecture about this subject but it only have tones of rules without adequate examples
this new subject is the most complex subject we have ever took in the electric theory
if you could help by chose examples or video that explain examples abut solving the two order circuit
that gonna help me
Hi,

Do you know how to solve a second order differential equation, if it was just handed to you?
I am not sure what you have learned yet that's one of the reasons why we ask you to show some work. If you have no idea how to do this, then i have to probe into your previous coursework to find out how to proceed so that you can appreciate the solution and find it a practical way to do this.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
After you answer the first two questions, the third question is:

3. What do you think the value of the voltage across the capacitor will be as t →∞?​