Help required in designing a Class E power amplifier operating at 13.56MHz frequency

kaixiz

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Dear All,

Time is running short and i have to design a class E power amplifer working at 13.56MHz. :(

is there anyone who can help to provide some information on designing a class e amplifier to operate with 13.56Mhz frequency?

Correct me if i am wrong..
an oscillator which provides working frequency of 13.56MHz is connected to a Class E power amplifier. This oscillator purpose is just to provide frequency to be met later by the series LC so as to achieve best optimal condition?

the series LC of the class E has to be tuned to 13.56MHz which is the frequency of the oscillator so as to operate in optimal condition?

The purpose of L is just to provide a constant steady current to the MOSFET and load network which consist of a capacitor parallel to MOSFET and series LC.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ur project is some what similar to others.

But ....what you have provided is insufficient data.

If you have to design, then design and show ur results so we can comment on it.

try googling for a change

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Care to show a schematic?

Class D is digital, but for power application without modulation Class C is the norm. Class E is a modification of the Class C concept as near as I can tell.

Always remember though, the language of electronics is the schematic. Anything else is both inferior and inadequate.

This post really belongs in the Radio and Communications forum.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Unless this is another exciter for electrolyzing water molecules, which is strongly suggested by the load being described as "series LC".

This is a strange request, as the type of modulation is essentially for PWM. A description of the purpose or some further information would be helpful. For instance, some schematic depiction of:
The purpose of L is just to provide a constant steady current to the MOSFET and load network which consist of a capacitor parallel to MOSFET and series LC.
would answer many questions.

kaixiz

Joined Sep 12, 2010
hi all, i would like to know how to determine the value of L1. as read in the papers reactance of L1 should be >10XC1.

The output at the Rload is wrong. can someone guide me to a correct output?

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
What is Xc of your C1?

Where did you get the original schematic?

As drawn, fr of the series LC is above 30 MHz.

Can you explain the purpose of each passive component?

Last edited: