Help needed :MATLAB simulink interfacing cards

wicky2000

Joined Jul 25, 2008
:) Hi everyone,

i'm doing Digital Signal Processing Project. i need A\D and D\A PCI cards which is compatible with MATLAB Simulink..
Can anyone please tell me where i can find those PCI cards?

wicky2000

Joined Jul 25, 2008
Thanks steve..Their prices are comparably low..I’m going to simulate WiMax.

So that one input channel for A\D sufficient to make the baseband signal. Also one channel enough for D/A as Well..

Higher the sampling rate is better. So I can send more data. But the prices of the cards getting up and up when sampling rate goes high..Isn’t? I think 50-100Kb/s will sufficient for my task..

MATLAB simulink compatibility is essential requirement. Because, I’m going to use Simulink for the Signal Processing Part.
Any Suggestions are highly appropriate.

Wicky

Last edited:

roddefig

Joined Apr 29, 2008
Higher the sampling rate is better. So I can send more data. But the prices of the cards getting up and up when sampling rate goes high..Isn’t? I think 50-100Kb/s will sufficient for my task..
What are your bandwidth requirements?

wicky2000

Joined Jul 25, 2008
When I think to do this project, I put my attention only to the project cost. That’s why I mistakenly put that sampling rate in my previous post. Sorry about that...

Since WiMax use OFDM, I need at least 400Kb/s sampling rate. Otherwise my bandwidth will narrow and can’t process broadband signal. 12bit resolution is enough.

suggestions are well come!

Thanks
wicky

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
I think you may mean 400KHz sampling rate, which is different than 400Kb/s.

There are tons of manufacturers that make cards like this, you need to check the link I gave you, since you want it to work with MATLAB.

It is possible to design a circuit that will do this, but it may take you a while depending on your hardware design experience.

If I were to do this, with little background and money, I would use a PSoC microcontroller with USB. I would make the USB device be a HID to the PC. I would find a good DAC and ADC with enough resolution and speed with an SPI interface. I would use the SPI interface(s) on the PSoC to program the ADCs. Picking a good voltage reference, opamps, and converters are crucial for performance. This, of course, with good analog layout techniques.

Steve