HELP needed in understanding SP370 Pressure sensor.

NairVI

Joined Feb 16, 2019
Hi to all,
I'm a newbie to electronics, please guide me in my project, which I am desperately in need of help.
My project is to detect pressure from live tyre in real time. For that I already tried with NPP301 sensor, resulting in a failure.
Now I got an input with a new and better sensor which is called as "Infineon SP370", I am attaching the datasheet and all related documents I had got hands so far, wherein which hoping to get an expert to advise a walkthrough.
Briefing about the project,
On dashboard - Using raspberry pi as the microcontroller, with an RF receiver(please suggest one) on the receiving end
on the tyre - SP370 ic with board powered by a Li-Ion 3v CR2032 coin battery.

Dashboard and sp370 circuit board should be wirelessly connected with RF transmission.

There is a test board in one of the attached document on page number 142, and there is a detailed description in it,

What I need is to get a workable circuit which I can build from scratch, by etching PCB and soldering all components in.
My area of studies is programming, so please consider me as a total noob in electronics.

Whatever help I can get is very gratefully regarded.
Thank you for your time and efforts

Attachments

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
For a "total noob" this project represents a steep, painful learning curve.

RF is tricky, many traps for the unwary.

Look at the data sheet for the Infineon part; pages and pages of tricky stuff hidden away in that chip, it won't work unless you understand all that stuff, to get the registers set correctly.

Try to find a "building block" solution rather than trying to build RF stuff yourself- at least at the start.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
TPMS is an extremely mature area. If I were you, the very first thing I would do is read as much about it as I could.

I also wouldn't make he sensor my pivot point, you need to understand what is going on before you choose which implementation details become anchors for the design.

NairVI

Joined Feb 16, 2019
I very much appreciate both your comments on the topic. But as for now, I am attached with the project and I can drop it and quit. I am willing to learn all the aspects of the project and excel furthermore. I have researched in a lot of contexts as well, what I need is a confirmation from an expert eye from the document "Infineon-sp370-25-116-0-ds-v01_01-en-pdf", page # 142, in there the schematics what they have given, I still few of them unanswered, like the top black IC sort of thing named as LF, and such I still don't understand.
Please help me with the project, because I can quit now neither I can back from it.

Thanks a lot in advance

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
"LF" is a resonant antenna for the 125 Khz receiver system.

My heart goes out to you, poor man, much suffering lies ahead.
I have been an engineer for more than 30 years, I would have great difficulty getting this chip to work.

NairVI

Joined Feb 16, 2019
Thanks for the input and condolences. May I know what will be best to use on receiving end? i mean to say what RF receiver is best for this kinda job?
Once again thanks in advance:)

willy_10

Joined May 20, 2019
Thanks for the input and condolences. May I know what will be best to use on receiving end? i mean to say what RF receiver is best for this kinda job?
Once again thanks in advance:)
Hi friend. I would like to know if you have been able to advance with the project because right now I am working with the same chip, if you could help me I will be very grateful.

Thank you for your time and efforts