Help, Need Mechanical/Electrical Flasher Circuit 120vac

lgchristianson

Joined Nov 1, 2006
Hi All,
I know I should be able to do this in my sleep but certain brain cells appear to be on holiday.... may also be age related.

I'm assembling a commercial control panel to operate two 3phase pumps with light and horn alarms. I have everything sized and designed for my needs but was unable to find a simple way to flash the LED lamp in my high/high circuit. I figure it'll need an "on" delay and an "off" delay relay but can't seem to get the logic right. The plan is to flash a light and sound a horn with a PB and latching relay to silence the horn but keep the light flashing until the level drops below the setpoint at which point it all resets. Damn timing relay logic is giving me fits. I don't have a lot of time to play as I'm also supervising the entire installation at the facility.

I found a good source for the logic but no specifics here:

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/chpt_5/3.html

Anyone point me to a simple schematic somewhere?
Thank,
-Larry

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
I'm not sure how many other funtions your panel has (sensor inputs... pressure, temp, level etc for pump control) but it may simplify this to use a PLC, then the additional horn and flasher circuit would be a piece of cake.

lgchristianson

Joined Nov 1, 2006
It'd probably be easier and cheaper to use a flasher relay instead.
Thanks for the input...
After posting this I did find a flasher that does just that, a "recycle flashing relay". I just didn't know what it was called! lol I was Googling all sorts of stuff but not that.
Guess that's the route I'm taking.
Thanks All,
-L

lgchristianson

Joined Nov 1, 2006
I'm not sure how many other funtions your panel has (sensor inputs... pressure, temp, level etc for pump control) but it may simplify this to use a PLC, then the additional horn and flasher circuit would be a piece of cake.
I thought about using a PLC but I don't believe the amount of input/outputs warrant it. All of it was pretty simple really but the timing logic was confusing to me. I have a problem with short term memory loss from an illness and that's one area that suffers.