Help me with this bandpass filter!!

zero_coke

Joined Apr 22, 2009
What do I need to do to make this to work? I mean, in Multisim it works perfectly but when I actually built the filter with the exact capacitance values and resistor values it didn't even work nearly as I expected. I was expecting 12kHz bandwidth and I'm getting half that, 6kHz. What could possibly be the difference between simulation and the actual circuit? Am I missing something that the simulation software automatically takes care of??

zero_coke

Joined Apr 22, 2009
Oh I'm sorry. I realized today that the capacitors I bought from Sayal are garbage! The label says 241 (which is supposed to be 240pF) but I measured it and its 1nF. No wonder it wasn't working...Now it works perfectly.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I bought name-brand ICs at Sayal. They were brand new and cost half as much as at other places and worked perfectly.
I bought some name-brand surplus power supplies that were excellent.
But their LEDs are garbage.

I have never bought capacitors there.

zero_coke

Joined Apr 22, 2009
Yeah I had to because it was the only place I know (besides Active surplus but that's more of a electronics thrift store) to buy components from. I should've just ordered stuff from newark or digikey.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Active Electronics still has one store in the Toronto area. It is in Scarborough beside Electrosonic and Sayal's head office store.

I used to shop at Active Electronics frequently when they had more stores.