Help in the conversion of circuit to a T section Bandpass

Sorry again but update:
Realised i got the S parameter. Went to convert it to f and i got only 3 positive values...
View attachment 162412
corresponding to the 1st, 4th and 5th value.
they correspond to 26 MHz, 28MHz and 24.5Mhz... not sure if its correct but finally see some values lying close to the actual frequency wanted...
I have solved your equations and they are correct. The solution for Vout is a messy expression involving Vin. You factor out the Vin term and what's left is your transfer function, which you could refer to as tfr(s).

Next you should produce a Log Log plot of the frequency response. You could plot versus radian frequqncy, or versus Hertz (f). To plot versus f , you need to make the substitution s = j 2 Pi f. Also, be aware that when you have done this, the transfer function will be a function of a complex variable, returning a complex result. You can't plot a complex result on a two dimensional plot.

Matlab should have a number of built-in functions for dealing with complex numbers, such as Im(), Re(), Abs(), Arg(), etc. You must plot the magnitude of the transfer function (which is a real number), not the transfer function itself (which is a complex number); actually you should plot the Log of the magnitude of the transfer function versus Log of the frequency. Let the transfer function be denoted by tfr(); then Abs(tfr()) is what you will use to get the magnitude of the transfer function.

When you produce the plot, you will see that the maximum magnitude is .5 A problem is that the response in the passband has some ripple, so you will have to determine what value to use for the passband magnitude (you might have to ask the professor), which will be multiplied by .707 to give the magnitude at the cutoff frequqncies, which you can solve for.

Muhammad Salleh

Joined Oct 5, 2018
hi sir! for the plotting of the graph, do i just call on the transfer function and plot it using plot?
is it possible for me to get some help on this again? :) thanks !!!

Muhammad Salleh

Joined Oct 5, 2018
hi sir thank you for your reference! is it possible for you to show me the expected output so if i do get the graph, i can cross reference the check with you?

Thank you again sir for all the help thus far! god bless!

It's the same thing you got in post #8:

PlotFilt.png

The magnitude at the two peaks is .5, and at the minimum it's .4. So you will have to decide what to use as the value of the passband response; should it be .5, or .4, or something in between? Then you'll have to find the frequencies where the response is .707 times that value.