Help identifying radio/stereo integrated amp circuit component and where to buy replacement

Thread Starter


Joined Mar 16, 2016

Sorry if this is a silly question. I have started a new hobby of repairing old stereos, simply because I love old sounds, and I have plenty of experience repairing computers. (Used to work on the assembly line at Hewlett Packard in the 90's.)

I have an old Fisher music center stereo system (Model MC-510) with a lot of white noise on the left audio channel. Upon opening the case, I found what I believe to be a capacitor broken off the board at L09. The capacitor is labeled 682K, which I'm thinking means .68uf 2000v. Because it filters noise (my assumption here), and has a plastic cap (definitely not ceramic, and not like any electrolytic cap I've seen or used), I'm thinking this is some type of film or poly cap right?

I can find .68uf 2k film caps, but none of them look like this. So before I drop $10+ on a cap that might not be right, I thought I would ask others for help in the identification.

I have attached two pictures: one shows the L10 cap still in place (I'm assuming this filters the right channel, which is fine) and the blank spot right behind it where the missing cap for L09 is. The other picture is the damaged capacitor. Any help in identifying the component and where to find a replacement is very much appreciated.




Joined Nov 29, 2011
Hi... No offense, but spend some time learning how to read schematics - specifically, what the reference designators refer to. "C" usually means capacitor, "L" usually means inductor and "R" usually means resistor. Also, learn how to read what is written on a part's body. It sometimes is difficult to interpet the writing, but knowing what kind of part it is will help in the interpetation.


Joined Aug 1, 2013
The value code stands for
68 = 68
2 = 10's exponent; 2 = 100x
K = 1000
overall baseline value - 1 nanohenry

682K = 68 x 100 x 1000 nanohenries - 6.8 mH