Help identify chip

breese

Joined Oct 7, 2017
I am attempting to fix a coil module used in a chainsaw.
These chainsaws have external devices like solenoids, temp sensors, etc.
While there are no markings indicating what the chip is, is does have a gold circle in the center.
I would like to find a replacement for this chip.
thank you.

Coil-010a.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
While there are no markings indicating what the chip is, is does have a gold circle in the center.
I'd be surprised if anyone can help you.

You need to contact the manufacturer. I suspect they won't want to help you either; that's why there's no part number. They'll probably happily sell you a replacement module or new chainsaw...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The brown wall (of which half is missing) and the black stuff look like an intentional concealment and vibration protection called, "potting". The manufacturer doesn't want anybody to know what's in there. You might carefully pick the black stuff off but it's a crap shoot whether you would find anything you can repair. I'm guessing it's a hybrid technology rife with unmarked surface mount components and maybe a chip which is either made only for that product or programmable so you couldn't get it to work if you did buy the part because you can't program it. It's what Ford calls a, "captive" part. Nine to one, you can't get there from here.:(