Help identify a motor

ChZ77

Joined Jul 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
I've been searching over the internet for a while and i didn't find anything useful.
I have a dc motor and I don't know what type it is, nor what is it for.
I don't know where I got it from.
Can someone help me identifying it ? (sorry if I'm not at the right place)
Thanks in advance.
Christophe.
PS : I'm french so please forgive my english :)

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Appears to be a direct drive P.M. type, so first just feed it with a small DC power source and see what RPM results, typically the maximum would be around 2500rpm so you could extrapolate the required DC from the resultant test, (voltage/RPM).
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Appears to be a little more than the typical DC motor, also look like what appears to be a governor of some sort?
Originally though it had two leads but there appears to more than two?
Is that slip rings on the rotary part (armature)?
Max.

ChZ77

Joined Jul 11, 2020
"just feed it with a small DC power source and see what RPM results, typically the maximum would be around 2500rpm "
You were right, I measured RPM at 5volts with the microphone method and I get about 2150rpm.

"Appears to be a little more than the typical DC motor, also look like what appears to be a governor of some sort?
Originally though it had two leads but there appears to more than two?
Is that slip rings on the rotary part (armature)? "

Sorry but I don't have enough knowledge to answer your questions.
If by leads you mean wires, yes there are three.
I don't what governor and slip rings are :/

On a french forum someone told me it could be a turntable motor.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Max is right its either a turntable motor or audio cassete motor & the mechanical governor is usualy set at 2400RPM. I have a couple of those motors & some where how to set up the speed. If you want to check the speed I use a contactless tacho that picks up infrared reflection from a mark you put on the pulley. The motors I have came out of a record player that ran on 9V DC. These things come in 6 or 9 or 12V DC