Help Eliminating the "thump" you get on powered speakers

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Butterworth, Nov 18, 2011.

1. kam-22

Nov 21, 2011
    Bountyhunter, that circuit is straight forwards and will do the job..the only thing is, an up grade of the relay with 10amp contact ratings will suit the amplifier that butterworth is having trouble with in regards to on/off timer.

2. Butterworth

Thread Starter Active Member

May 6, 2009
    This looks good too. I Would like to use a more simplified variant if possible, I have some 1n4004's laying around, could I use those in place of the 4001's? Is the Pfet also required? How can this be further simplified?

The issue I have with new circuits is having to buy all the components that I never used before, relays are new to me, so I would like to find alternative routes if possible before plunging into it head first. I made that mistake once with another project, that took months to diagnose and rebuild many variants.

Might be a good idea, if I can find one in my area. ;)

Yes I did. I have seen this site many times before and found some things useful, but I do like the input I get from this forum, this is why I am asking for their input.

3. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    There aren't any unnecessary components. It has to work on both turn on and turn off. You can substitute 1N4004 for 1N4001. The P-FET is required but not necessarily that exact P-FET.

4. Butterworth

Thread Starter Active Member

May 6, 2009
    Ok, thank you for the schematics and guidance. Once I try to get this going, I am sure to have more questions. :D