Help - Draw the logic diagram for the following Boolean expressions.

ajnsmt

Joined Nov 17, 2010
Question
Draw the logic diagram for the following Boolean expressions. The
diagram should correspond exactly to the equation. Assume that the
complements of the inputs are not available.

a. XYZ' + XY' + X'Z
b. (A' + BC + CD') (B' + E'F')

thanks

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
What part are you having problem with? This is pretty basic, and it is against policy for us to do your homework for you. ABC is a 3 input AND gate, ABC and DEF are 6 inputs, qty 2 3 input AND gates and a 2 input OR gate. Generally the convention is to put an inverting signal where the input is inverted, but it can as easily be an inverter.

Attachments

ajnsmt

Joined Nov 17, 2010
What part are you having problem with? This is pretty basic, and it is against policy for us to do your homework for you. ABC is a 3 input AND gate, ABC and DEF are 6 inputs, qty 2 3 input AND gates and a 2 input OR gate. Generally the convention is to put an inverting signal where the input is inverted, but it can as easily be an inverter.
sory but . This answer was not enough to me

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Like I said, we do not do your homework for you. So instead of focusing on that, think about why you don't know how to do this. What part of the problem do you not understand?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008

This has all your conditions. You should be able to figure it out from there.

I'm throwing in my drawing templates (use with a graphics program such as MS Paint) that is part of my PaintCAD program.

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Your first sheet is correct. Nothing wrong with pencil and paper, but they sell templates to make your drawings neater. I use the electronic version myself, but I'm also pretty handy free hand drawing it too.