Help confirming if this circuit will actually work

mackingu

Joined Nov 15, 2007
Howdy,

I'm trying to control a small little radioshack motor with a DPDT switch to make it go forward/stop/reverse. I'll be using it to open/close a door (attched to a gear/reducer+arm similar to the way your car windows go up/down) on a tupperware container. I was just wondering if the schematic i drew up will work. I'm kind of new to drawing diagrams, so please forgive me if i didn't use the correct symbols and such.

I'm probably going to use a 3VDC motor from radioshack. Oh, and I didn't add any resistor(s) because I forgot. Oops. "Will this circuit work?" is the main thing I would like to know

Also, if anyone could provide suggestions (or links on the ACC main site) on how to automatically stop the motor from running (since the distanance the door will close is only an inch or so) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

mackingu

Joined Nov 15, 2007
Thanks!

Seems like I did screw it up afterall.

any suggestions on automatically stopping the motor? i'm still on volume 3 of the ACC guide and have yet to find anything to help.

cheddy

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Oh well if you were going to automatically stop the motor you might want a different way to set up the DPDT switch. You are going to need to attach 2 leads to both the motor terminals. that way when the motor reaches the top you can "trip" the wire and open the circuit.

This should give you some ideas