Help, Combine this 2 Remote Controls ..

JammerOne

Joined Jan 21, 2009
Hello there ,

I have 2 Remote Control board here , and I like to combine into 1 board ..

1 use SC6122-001 and 1 use SC73P2602N3

same voltage and same pinout for the matrix ..

anyone can help me ?

Board No. 1
old.jpg
and this is board no. 2
new.jpg

SC6122 -

SC73P2602 -

Is there any way to combine these 2 board into 1 ...

This is not a homework .. this is my hobby . and I like to know if theres way to do this ..

anyway ... the Board with SC6122 is use for old units.. and the SC73P2602 is for new one ..

I need to combine cause sometimes I change unit on my multimedia ..

Hope anyone can help me about this ..

thanks

Admin and Moderators, Apology
" Please move my thread if ever wrong section, - tnx "
Mod edit: No worries. Cropped / resized images and moved to host on AAC.

Last edited by a moderator:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Well... One has 72 buttons and the other has 80. If you can get past that you could use double pole single throw normally open switches to create two separate switch matrices to run both chips.

However, they would both be sending out possibly different codes at the same time which would probably confuse the receiver into seeing no valid signal, so an A or B switch is also needed to only enable one transmitter at a time.

JammerOne

Joined Jan 21, 2009
Hello there sir,

thank you for the reply ...

Is there any possible way to press the key and both send the codes?

example:

I will press "1" in old and also the new press "1" ... 1 button and 2 remote press same time .. I try to connect button "1" of board 1 to board 2 and all not work .. sound like some press already ..

thanks

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Both switch arrays are scanned, meaning that each switch is read only a small portion of the time. Since the two devices almost certainly scan their switch fields at different rates. I don't see any king of external circuitry that would isolate the two scanners from each other while both read the switches accurate.y.

ak

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello there sir,

thank you for the reply ...

example:

I will press "1" in old and also the new press "1" ... 1 button and 2 remote press same time .. I try to connect button "1" of board 1 to board 2 and all not work .. sound like some press already ..

thanks
No. The signals will be sent by infrared at the same time and interfere with each other. The receiving unit will either be confused and do something different than you want or it won't do anything at all.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Well... Not impossible. If you alternate power to each device you should get one to send it's code then the other. Will take some playing around to see how long each one needs to work as there may be some start up initialization needed.