Help ,a newbie in making circuits,

Dungdao

Joined Oct 16, 2022
Hello!
I'm a bit of a newbie in making circuits, and i need help! I have to make a 24 hour clock, and i need 6 ic 7447 ,6 ic 7493 , circuit reset, status board. Please help me
Thank all!!

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Sounds like you've been told what components you have to use, so the battle is already half over.

Look at the data sheets and figure out what each chip does, what's its function? How does that function relate to making a clock?

Dungdao

Joined Oct 16, 2022
Sounds like you've been told what components you have to use, so the battle is already half over.

Look at the data sheets and figure out what each chip does, what's its function? How does that function relate to making a clock?
this is my homework and i have no knowledge about this. Sorry :(((

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
this is my homework and i have no knowledge about this. Can you help me, pleaseeeeeee
You’ve been given a homework assignment without instruction about the content of the assignment? Did your instructor really not explain anything about this before assigning it?

Dungdao

Joined Oct 16, 2022
You’ve been given a homework assignment without instruction about the content of the assignment? Did your instructor really not explain anything about this before assigning it?
Last week my team do this clock but use ic7490 and 7447 .i found the circuit on youtube and followed it but the teacher didn't accept then she made my group do ic 7493 sory my english enough good :((((

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Last week my team do this clock but use ic7490 and 7447 .i found the circuit on youtube and followed it but the teacher didn't accept then she made my group do ic 7493 sory my english enough good :((((
OK, but she didn’t explain anything about the operation of the ICs or how they work together? She just gave you the assignment and sent you off to find someone else to explain it?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Sounds like you used unauthorized resources and the only thing you demonstrated was that you could build something that someone else designed and that you tried to take credit for. Seems like you're trying to do the same thing again.

This is YOUR homework. YOU need to be the driving force behind solving it. We are more than willing to help guide you, but we won't spoon feed you a solution so that you can get credit you don't deserve. That does you no good at all.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
So in other words, you copied a circuit and didn't learn a thing? Imagine that.

A 7490 is a type of counter. Guess what? A 7493 is also a type of counter that works a little differently. What's a clock? A counter of seconds, at least the first stage.

Dungdao

Joined Oct 16, 2022
Sounds like you used unauthorized resources and the only thing you demonstrated was that you could build something that someone else designed and that you tried to take credit for. Seems like you're trying to do the same thing again.

This is YOUR homework. YOU need to be the driving force behind solving it. We are more than willing to help guide you, but we won't spoon feed you a solution so that you can get credit you don't deserve. That does you no good at all.
this is my country's language is vietnamese and if you are interested, translate it into english, you will better understand my situation
Môn tôi đnag học là kỹ thuật xung số, có 2 giáo viên dạy tôi thầy ấy chỉ dạy phần lý thuyết phần xung và phần số chỉ dạy tôi về led 7 đoạn và thầy đã kết thúc phần dạy lý thuyết ở đó. Sau đó cô giáo hiện tại dạy tôi cô ấy chỉ giao bài tập cho chúng tôi thực hành và chúng tôi không biết gì về các ic chỉ ra bài tập và chúng tôi không hiểu gì, chúng tôi có hỏi cô thì cô chỉ bảo lâu qua cô quên rồi hay cho các bài tập trong sách và làm nó khó hơn bằng cách thay đổi các dữ liệu có trong bài tập nhưng chúng tôi không thể làm gì được. Đây là tình cảnh hiện tại của lớp tôi mong bạn hiểu cho
Please translate it and read

Dungdao

Joined Oct 16, 2022
OK, but she didn’t explain anything about the operation of the ICs or how they work together? She just gave you the assignment and sent you off to find someone else to explain it?
She just give me homework and no further explanation
this is my country's language is vietnamese and if you are interested, translate it into english, you will better understand my situation
Môn tôi đnag học là kỹ thuật xung số, có 2 giáo viên dạy tôi thầy ấy chỉ dạy phần lý thuyết phần xung và phần số chỉ dạy tôi về led 7 đoạn và thầy đã kết thúc phần dạy lý thuyết ở đó. Sau đó cô giáo hiện tại dạy tôi cô ấy chỉ giao bài tập cho chúng tôi thực hành và chúng tôi không biết gì về các ic chỉ ra bài tập và chúng tôi không hiểu gì, chúng tôi có hỏi cô thì cô chỉ bảo lâu qua cô quên rồi hay cho các bài tập trong sách và làm nó khó hơn bằng cách thay đổi các dữ liệu có trong bài tập nhưng chúng tôi không thể làm gì được. Đây là tình cảnh hiện tại của lớp tôi mong bạn hiểu cho
Please translate it and read

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi D,
This is the English translation:
Moderation.

The subject I am studying is digital pulse technology, there are 2 teachers who taught me he only taught the theory part of pulses and the number part taught me about 7-segment led and he ended the theory part there. Then the current teacher taught me she just gave us the exercises to practice and we didn't know anything about the ic indicating the exercise and we didn't understand anything, we asked her, she just told me a long time ago she forgot or gave the exercises in the book and made it more difficult by changing the data contained in the exercises but there was nothing we could do. This is the current situation of the class I hope you understand

Dungdao

Joined Oct 16, 2022
hi D,
I understand your situation, how would you like to proceed with this 24 Hour Clock problem?
E
i just want help with circuit diagram when using 6 ic 7447, 6 ic 7493, 1 reset circuit and few logic gates. please help me, i don't have other options