HDL Coder (Matlab): Strange Error

jamil1988

Joined Nov 19, 2015
Dear All,
I am using Matlab 2014 HDL Coder. I am trying to convert a code (given in attached files main and fshift) to VHDL Code using Matlab HDL Coder.It giving me the error.Can some one have look into it please.File with name fshift is function and with name main is script file.Because of the file extension restriction I uploaded pdf not the M file.Please help me..Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

jamil1988

Joined Nov 19, 2015
@kubeek Thanks for your reply.I just want to convert this Matlab code into VHDL Code using Matlab HDL Coder.My fshift function contains exponential function and HDL coder says it is not defined.Kindly can you help me out please.I am new user of HDL Coder.Thanks in advance.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Sorry I have no experience with matlab, and used VHDL only just a few little projects at the university. However I can tell you right away that you will have a lot of headaches with using FFT in VHDL, you will have to basically write the code for that from scratch, unless you can find some library that can do it for you.
Why are you actually trying to do this?

jamil1988

Joined Nov 19, 2015
Sorry I have no experience with matlab, and used VHDL only just a few little projects at the university. However I can tell you right away that you will have a lot of headaches with using FFT in VHDL, you will have to basically write the code for that from scratch, unless you can find some library that can do it for you.
Why are you actually trying to do this?

This function is basically used for fractional shift in a vector (fshift). In input arguments of the function x is a vector and s is the shift.So it provides a shift or you can say delay in a vector.Which I have to use in a indoor positioning project.Do you know any other method ?