HC-12 or NRF24L01+PA+LNA module?

Mozee

Joined Jul 23, 2016
Hello ACC fellows,

I would like to create an Arduino controlled wireless relay switching system and sensor monitoring (e.g. humidity and temp. of an equipment) all controlled for my home's computer and I need a long range stable RF connection for approx. a 1Km range. Which is better for me? the HC-12 module or the NRF24L01+PA+LNA module? I do have a very good line of sight for the location so It shouldn't be that hard but I need a stable and reliable connection.

Thanks in advance.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi M,
The NRF24 will not work up to 1km.
I experimented with an environmental project along same lines as your plan, I had to scrap the NRF's after trying many suggested ideas.

I now use the HC12 for remote sensing, it will work upto 1km, 'line of sight'.
Any physical barriers, walls, trees fences etc, will reduce the reliable operating range.

I operate the HC12 at the maximum power setting with a 9600 baud rate, it works well upto 100mtrs thru 3 walls of my house, the remote transmitter is located in my garden shed.
The HC12 transmits Temperature, humidity and the state of 3 PIR's, every 2 seconds
The local receiver in in doors, I use a Arduino Nano and SD shield for logging the data, alongside the Nano I have a DS3231 RTC for the time/date and indoor temperature,
A 4 line by 20 char LCD is used as a display.

Hope this helps.
Eric

Mozee

Joined Jul 23, 2016
Hey Eric, thanks for helping.
However I've already purchased two NRF24L01+PA+LNA Modules from Amazon and the spects. say that it could reach about 1km "LOS".
I would like to be able to sent and receive multiple things through them, for example Camera live streaming and to control a water pump remotely (using relay) and get Temp and water level data as well all using the same wireless link. Am I on the right path? or should I select a different setting?