Have a 3 bit binary counter. Not sure if I have the work right and I have questions. Help anyone?

luisdp1

Joined Apr 27, 2019
I did the truth table and k maps but once i was going to draw out the circuit I started to think about previous examples. Does this truth table need an output? My professor never said anything about a input so i assumed, no. Can anyone let me know if what i have is right or am i missing information. Thank you.
IMG_3653.JPG IMG_3654.JPG

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Why would your prof never saying anything about an input lead you to assume you don't need an output?

The output of a counter is usually the count itself, so unless told otherwise you probably don't need anything more.

You should be able to (i.e., need to learn how to) verify the correctness of your work from the work itself. Starting from your solution, determine how it behaves and see if that behavior is the desired behavior.

luisdp1

Joined Apr 27, 2019
Why would your prof never saying anything about an input lead you to assume you don't need an output?

The output of a counter is usually the count itself, so unless told otherwise you probably don't need anything more.

You should be able to (i.e., need to learn how to) verify the correctness of your work from the work itself. Starting from your solution, determine how it behaves and see if that behavior is the desired behavior.
That is what i was thinking and i checked my work but didn't know if I just didn't see something. But thank you.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC! Thanks for posting your truth table and work.
upload_2019-4-27_17-24-3.png
I did the truth table and k maps but once i was going to draw out the circuit I started to think about previous examples. Does this truth table need an output?
The output of a counter is usually the next count.
My professor never said anything about a input so i assumed, no. Can anyone let me know if what i have is right or am i missing information.
Looks like you're on the right track to me. Are you entering the circuit in a simulator? Or doing it the old fashioned way?