Has Firefox ended carrying adblockers ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
As of minutes ago... Do you know any news, is yours working, or my compfuser alone has dropped adblockers ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Thanks.
Got a pop-up message from Firefox telling me both my Adblock and Ublock were not approved by Firefox and disappeared/uninstalled. Hope it does not happen to you; or worse, some site force-removed them.

If anyone knows hot to track in Ubuntu the records of happenings, alterations, please advise.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What version of firefox are you using?
I am using firefox quantum version 60.0.1.
That has no problems with uBlock Origin.

Bertus

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Firefox 56.0 - 32bit on Ubuntu 14.04 with a 64 bit Compaq. And the blockers have worked for years.
Am looking at System Log trying to discern what to look for in the letter soup.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I have FF 60, with windows. Once in a while....when it updates.....the old add-ons won't work.

I have found updated add-ons using FF menu.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Are you using a 32 bit linux?
Perhaps upgrade to a 64 bit version.
I am using a 64 bit version of OpenSuse Tumbleweed.

Bertus

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Yes, 32 bit Ubuntu on a 64 bit machine, by some install hiccup 4 years ago. The adblockers worked perfect until yesterday. I did not find a way to migrate to 64 bit without erasing the whole thing. :(

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

How is the partition table of the disk?
I am basicaly using 3 partitions for my linux setup.
one partition for the operating system ( the root directory , 20 Gb is enough ).
one partition for swap ( that is about twice the memory size ).
one partition for the home directory ( rest of the drive ).

Bertus

So it was real. Now what to do ?
If you neither desire nor require WebExtentions ostensible onto dubious 'functionality' - please be advised that Mozilla FF ESR is fully maintained and supports most 'legacy' add-ons:cool: -- Otherwise you must attempt to locate add-on versions compatible with Quantum (Which being few and far between -- happily, Ublock is among them!)

Best regards
HP:)

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
This is weird...
Exactly 24 hours later, both adblockers reinstalled themselves, with no action from my part, no permissions asked. Just a message at boot up ¨... has been installed¨ :eek: