Has anyone used a 5 v dc to 5 v dc isolating circuit? B0505s

whitehaired novice

Joined Jul 15, 2017
I bought some four pin ics which are supposed to accept a 5 volt input and put out an isolated 5 volt power so one can power two or more portions of a board without interaction. I hope to use two to power 4 wire meters interdependently. But there is no pinout! I finally found a webpage which seemed to say pin 1 is 5 volts +; pin 2 is 5 volts -; pin 3 is the - output and pin 4 is the + output. But I don't get any output. So I crossed my fingers and turned it around, watching the voltmeter carefully--started around 4 volts and dropped about a volt a second. Fast removal of part.

Any help? It seems unlikely that all four of them are duds.

whitehaired novice

Joined Jul 15, 2017
I bought some four pin ics which are supposed to accept a 5 volt input and put out an isolated 5 volt power so one can power two or more portions of a board without interaction. I hope to use two to power 4 wire meters interdependently. But there is no pinout! I finally found a webpage which seemed to say pin 1 is 5 volts +; pin 2 is 5 volts -; pin 3 is the - output and pin 4 is the + output. But I don't get any output. So I crossed my fingers and turned it around, watching the voltmeter carefully--started around 4 volts and dropped about a volt a second. Fast removal of part.

Any help? It seems unlikely that all four of them are duds.
GOT IT!! FOUND ANOTHER SITE WITH WHAT LOOKS LIKE ACCURATE PINOUT. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST.