Happy New Year

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I don't have any resolutions for 2020 (aside from making even more insane amounts of money -- but that's my resolution every year...), but I do have a New Year's Wish:

I wish that AAC will be more fun in 2020 than it was in 2019. I mean, seriously, this place has gotten dull. I guess that's what the mods wanted. But how many times can one read a thread about what size resistor does one need for an LED before he realizes it's not worth the time to even show up?

Anyways, Happy New Year. I wish prosperity for everyone.

Even those on my ignore list.

Stay safe tonight.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, a Happy and more important Safe New Year. Just hanging at home tonight. Wife and I both have a miserable head cold which on the bright side waited till after Christmas. No resolutions here either and really can't remember the last time I made one. Maybe a nice whiskey on the rocks or scotch would help this head cold. :) Be safe and enjoy peeps.

Ron

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't have any resolutions for 2020 (aside from making even more insane amounts of money
Anyways, Happy New Year. I wish prosperity for everyone.

Stay safe tonight.
Same to you!
I have made just about all the money I will ever make.!
Just going to order in some Chicken Biryani and a couple of bottles of wine, and together with SHMBO, reminisce some.:cool:
Max..

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I came from a country where hot water was a spice!
Well my people came from a country where Haggis was considered a delicacy and in nearly 70 years I have managed to avoid it so far. It's no longer Italian as the only furen food choice around here now too. Living on the coast though we have been spoiled as to what real fresh seafood is.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Well my people came from a country where Haggis was considered a delicacy and in nearly 70 years I have managed to avoid it so far. It's no longer Italian as the only furen food choice around here now too. Living on the coast though we have been spoiled as to what real fresh seafood is.
Sam, I went from Haggis to Italian? Um, I hope Haggis isn't Italian, just kidding. Speaking of disgusting foods, the Romans and Greeks, but they would make MSG out of fish or Guts.

What is called liquamen is thus made: the intestines of fish are thrown into a vessel, and are salted; and small fish, especially atherinae, or small mullets, or maenae, or lycostomi, or any small fish, are all salted in the same manner; and they are seasoned in the sun, and frequently turned; and when they have been seasoned in the heat, the garum is thus taken from them. A small basket of close texture is laid in the vessel filled with the small fish already mentioned, and the garum will flow into the basket; and they take up what has been percolated through the basket, which is called liquamen; and the remainder of the feculence is made into allec.
The other would be the Century Egg, I was asked to taste one on a dare, let me tell you, I couldn't get the smell or the flavor out of my head. I just don't get why they think it's so good.

Century eggs are sometimes avoided due to the belief that they are prepared by soaking eggs in horse urine, but there is no good evidence to support this, and furthermore urine is generally not alkaline.
Happy New Year, ya'll.

kv

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Yeah I used to see the old chinamen eating their eggs when I ate at the Kai Kai Coffee Shop in Chicago's chinatown long ago. Ughhhh...

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
My resolution is to create a NY Times Sunday crossword. I have an idea, the title is WTF, but it doesn’t mean what you think.

Bob

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I've killed, dressed, and eaten a lot of strange critters over the years (excluding possums, coons or armadillos). One of my old friends used to say "I wonder what animal they're serving at Sam's house this time". But I have held the line on chitlins, kidneys, tripe, lungs, and brains unless it was hidden in something like Vienna Sausages or Potted Meat which I also avoid but must admit to having eaten on more than one occasion. I made the mistake in a bar, after several beers, of thinking the jar of Pickled Pigs Feet didn't look all that bad as I was a bit peckish. BAD MISTAKE that I will never repeat. Same with pickled bar sausage although I do enjoy pickled eggs or herring.