Happy New Year! (On Mars) - May 5

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
NASA started monitoring the rotation of Mars around the sun in the 1950s. Today (May 5), Mars completed another rotation so, it is Martian New Year.

The local town of Mars, PA celebrates every 20 months or so. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory sent about 20 people to give lectures and demonstrations. The world's nerdiest street fair!

image.png

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I did thankyou @GopherT !!

You're right (I think) it does answer all my questions... but I reserve the right to get back to you after i have a thinky :)

Amazing I just had a guest stay at my home that lives in Adelaide. And it gets stranger when we visited the bicycle museum in Pittsburgh, for some reason there was a display of Australian coins on the table near the front door where they distribute various pamphlets and collect donations for the museum. Why the coins were displayed there, I still have no idea.

Synchronicity! :eek:

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Amazing I just had a guest stay at my home that lives in Adelaide. And it gets stranger when we visited the bicycle museum in Pittsburgh, for some reason there was a display of Australasian coins on the table near the front door where they distribute various pamphlets and collect donations for the museum. Why the coins were displayed there, I still have no idea.

Synchronicity! :eek:
I love "off-topic" threads! Your post nailed it on several layers.