Happy birthday and good reloading, Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Was so busy this morning I missed this, solute. Your not only a friend, but on AAC a very good person to know, Thank you for my retirement suggestion, you had no idea provided it, really enjoy my ACP. Just last Sunday got some bracket post machined for some rollers I purchase that were no longer available. When the guy I visited to do the one off jobs for me on occasion, he pulled out of his variety an ACP, his had custom modifications, light pull trigger and grips. I think you know what I’m about to do, my list of modifications, for it. lol

With all that said, enjoy. Happy Birthday.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Rage, Rage, against the dying of the light.

Rage on. Your friend,

kv

Last edited:

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Happy belated birthday to you sir. @Reloadron
In your honor I'm going to go down to the shooting range and fire 72 down range and whatever I hit that will be my target. :D I enjoy reading your posts.
Again happy belated birthday!:)

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Happy belated birthday to you sir. @Reloadron
In your honor I'm going to go down to the shooting range and fire 72 down range and whatever I hit that will be my target. :D I enjoy reading your posts.
Again happy belated birthday!:)
Birthday present came little lats but I now have a Remington Rand 1911A1 which is a WWII bring home. :)

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Oooo! Was it fired in anger? Is it possible to share a photo of your Remington Rand 1911A1? & Ammunition. :)
You're good,really good, haha. How many bodies are are on that Remington. :p
Can I post pictures? Absolutely.

Was it fired in anger? I will never know.

Pictures:

The original GI holster.

The gun was what we call a WWII bring back. The gentleman who carried it was a Seabee during WWII in the South Pacific theatre. When he passed away he handed the gun down to his son who was my attorney's cousin. The son recently passed away and my attorney was doing the estate. Since my attorney knows I love the shooting sports and collect certain guns he asked if I was interested and I replied absolutely. The gun is pristine and what looks like blotches in the finish aren't. I had just wiped the gun down with Rermoil wipes. The finish is perfect GI parkerized.

Part of the history here is during WWII the US Government contracted with various manufactures, including Remington Rand (yes, the typewriter people) to make things for the war effort. Rifles to bayonets. The M1 Carbine for example was made by Rockola (juke box company) and other companies you could never dream of, I also have a M1911 manufactured by Colt in 1914 predating WWI. I have always had a fondness for the Model 1911 designed by John Browning in 1911. Especially the Colt Series 70 MK IV guns manufactured during the 70s. :)

In the interest of safety and caution as well as security all of my firearms are kept in a large safe.
Vault1.png

Empty weight is 1,500 US pounds and it is lagged to a concrete floor. :)

I also like to monitor temperature and humidity in the safe and while winters are no problem high humidity during summers can be. I bake out desiccant packets and keep them in the safe. I want inside humidity about 40% to 50%.

Again, thank you all for the birthday wishes. Yes, it was a very nice birthday. :)

Ron

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
atferrari Off-Topic 11
MrChips Off-Topic 5
MrChips Off-Topic 12
MrChips Off-Topic 5
Dabu WhiteHacker General Electronics Chat 2