Happy 10-10 day!

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Happy 10-10 day for those who observe it!

It commemorates the start of the 1911 Wuchang Uprising in China. When I was a sub-teen and in my early teens this was a big event in the San Francisco Bay Area and included a flashy parade in San Francisco's China Town that attracted people from all over the area. I don't know why it is not celebrated anymore there.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
1911 Wuchang Uprising in China
Because all the people involved, (and most of their children) are dead. There is a long list of events we no longer commemorate.

edit: and most events need sponsorship. No major company that does business in China will come anywhere close to such an event that essentially calls Taiwan the real China - or even hints that Taiwan is not part of China. Or calls the island Taiwan.
Here is John Cena apologizing for his "slip" in implying that Taiwan is a country. How the studio would hat Fast & Furious movies bing banned in China so he bends over backwards to make sure China knows how sorry he is.

this used to be Cena
1633839426190.jpeg

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Wonder? Google's mission is to leave no question unanswered. I see no wonder - and no Chinatown parade in San Francisco today.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Happy 10-10 day for those who observe it!

It commemorates the start of the 1911 Wuchang Uprising in China. When I was a sub-teen and in my early teens this was a big event in the San Francisco Bay Area and included a flashy parade in San Francisco's China Town that attracted people from all over the area. I don't know why it is not celebrated anymore there.
Ok, Richard I need your big brain to help me with this twisted theory, Irony at the heart of it.

I’m not a conspiracy Theorist and abhor those who promote them, first and foremost let me make myself clear and you and only you can stop anyone wanting to use my post as a spring board for such non-sense.

First - Wuhan suspected epicenter for the COVID19 outbreak, still unclear I know. But, what if, and I find this what if a very, very chilling possibilty.

Second - After reviewing the above articles 10-10 and how it’s played out between China and Taiwan both Commemorating a day to remember.

Third - The what if of it all. Timelines hypothetically. Wuhan 10-10 if a virus has began here it would be very very suspicious only that the city itself is by an large a location event in history and a much or highly regarded among the people. If I were to think like a Terrorist or Counter insurgent Pro or Against, it would be a perfect place to use such a devastating plague, biblical in proportion. Know I love History - the only Chinese History I have is from Cinema even though it’s untrustworthy it makes me google it and do my best albeit non-scholarly attempt of discovery.

Forth - Such an event would prove to be profitable only that it hits the West Coast with Devastating results, which I might add, also the Eastern Sea Board as there are many Chinese Immigrants there also. My Aim is China Town, Target those Western Immigrants with 2 fold results first Hallmark the release 10-10 in Wuhan, then we move into the new year, most people unaware as the travel and land. Where do they land, 46 miles from San Fransisco, in Santa Clara County maybe.

Fifth - Now it churns the Virus takes hold and we see outbreaks throughout not only San Fransisco but many other Western Cities, why Wuhan and why 10-10? If I am correct in a stupid theory. They say Jan 1 2020 but some say it began prior to that, the problem you have is China‘s policy of silence in the media, don’t make waves. It is by in large and has been since 10-10 under Peoples Republic of China.

I’m kind of done now. I would have like to had more time to spend editing but you get the idea.

kv

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
So far, this is the only real (potential) explanation that has come up and I suspect that it has something to do with tension between China and what seems like the rest of the world.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
So far, this is the only real (potential) explanation that has come up and I suspect that it has something to do with tension between China and what seems like the rest of the world.
Could be pivotal, I think there is also some stresses in Afghanistan, both China and Russia in some weird way, I’ve been far to busy to study it, put your brain on it, if you have the time. I feel like some are taking advantage of this Pandemic, COVID especially, to target those in China Town for some reason, I don’t know the political gains either way, isn’t there a China Town NY, Manhattan, Philadelphia, Georgia? I know European Immigrants seemed to be sent there, Colonist in 1735 ish time period. Not sure about Chinese Immigrants though, gotta run busy today, even though I’m off. Oh, BTW someone posted there might be a Solar Flare incident today sometime, it’s in another Thread.

kv