Hanging screens?

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Hi:)! I have problem with page hanging after trying to submit post or go to different forum or open smilies and like that. I get text on lower left screen saying waiting for allaboutcircuits, etc but either never stops waiting or times out. I can only fix it by clicking to stop loading page then to reload page a few times then all works for a while again. I've been having problem for last three or four sessions. I running ff browser and no flash cuz not allowed for my isp but nothing changed on my side since before problems:confused: Thanks for help even if to tell me problem is on my end and suggestions:)

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Hi:)! I have problem with page hanging after trying to submit post or go to different forum or open smilies and like that. I get text on lower left screen saying waiting for allaboutcircuits, etc but either never stops waiting or times out. I can only fix it by clicking to stop loading page then to reload page a few times then all works for a while again. I've been having problem for last three or four sessions. I running ff browser and no flash cuz not allowed for my isp but nothing changed on my side since before problems:confused: Thanks for help even if to tell me problem is on my end and suggestions:)
FWIW -- I had similar problems a while back (following a Firefox update) -- IIRC it was something to do with the "persistent connection" setting accessible via the browser's about:config 'page'???:confused: --- Hope this is somewhat helpful...

All the best
HP:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
HP Thanks I've been through all that but it's getting worse! Now even when I login it hangs after I enter username and pw but if back up and click to forum it shows me logged on:confused:! Almost every time I try to do anything that makes it pull data from aac server it gets stuck waiting and I have to keep clicking to stop loading page and to reload until it responds again:( It is new problem that I don't have on other sites so I am asking if I have to set something different for here?

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
HP I want say I just did like you said and switched to old style that helps cuz now a lot fewer lockups:)! Only it can't help me when trying to login so plz watch email incase I get locked out!

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Not to hijack your thread, @Aleph(0) -- Just to advise all interested parties that I frequently experience a rather similar difficulty -- In my case the problem presents as a progress indicator in the top right-hand corner of the display that 'runs forever', following, as you described, actions that request data from the server --- FWIW I've noticed the described behaviour for at least six weeks...

HP Thanks I've been through all that but it's getting worse! Now even when I login it hangs after I enter username and pw but if back up and click to forum it shows me logged on:confused:! Almost every time I try to do anything that makes it pull data from aac server it gets stuck waiting and I have to keep clicking to stop loading page and to reload until it responds again:( It is new problem that I don't have on other sites so I am asking if I have to set something different for here?
FWIW -- My advice is that you give it a few more days to 'clear' (inasmuch as it is, as you say, a 'new problem') -- Should the difficulty persist, direct contact of site administration may be your best option --- Which is not to say the problem is with AAC - merely that they are best poised to advise you!:):):)

All the best
HP:)