handheld DC power supply

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hi there, has anybody used a handheld dc power supply similar to the one in below link?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tekpower-TP3016M-Portable-Handheld-Variable/dp/B01E3CABF4

what work field will be needing such power supply?
When I read the specifications sheet I see that it is not really the whole power supply, but rather a metered regulator, since the input is given as 12 volts 1 amp. So it would probably be used by somebody in the mobile service group. The post also says not available, which is not surprising. I have never come across such a thing before.

Marvin Zhang

Joined Dec 13, 2018
When I read the specifications sheet I see that it is not really the whole power supply, but rather a metered regulator, since the input is given as 12 volts 1 amp. So it would probably be used by somebody in the mobile service group. The post also says not available, which is not surprising. I have never come across such a thing before.

it is a switch mode AC to DC power supply, which service may need such a unit?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
it is a switch mode AC to DC power supply, which service may need such a unit?
OK, when I read the very fine print I see that you are correct, it is an AC powered supply. Such a supply would be useful for hobby experimenters and for some service technical applications. But I have never heard of that brand so it may not be available again. My concern is that it is a very small package for all of that performance and so if it ever failed it would be very difficult to repair. And I did not see any statements about the accuracy of the meters, which is an important detail. And it may be a very expensive product.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
https://www.vellemanusa.com/products/view/?id=527873

It is a very handy thing for a field service technician that does board level repair.

For other reasons, I am currently designing something related but it will be LiPo powered and programmable with the ability to configure the batteries in series or parallel groups for voltage-current trade offs. One reason I am doing such a complicated version is the challenge of making it, but I think the functionality is going to be quite nice.