Hand made amplifier circuit

Tridibeshhh

Joined Jun 25, 2022
Hey i am going to make a TDA6283 based stereo amplifier. My question is can i connect the electronic components using copper wire. More specifically, i will be using a board with hole to git the components and i want to solder their pins using copper wire. If it really works, then what type of wire should i use?6283-audio-amplifier-circuit (1).png

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

Yes, you can use copper wire. The more common type of wire is hook up wire which is copper wire with a coating of tin and other alloys.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I could not find out who makes the 6283 stereo amplifier IC but one website says it is common in India.
With a 12V supply its output could be bootstrapped to 11Vp-p which is (11Vroot of 2=) 3.89V RMS. Then the whoppng power in an 8 ohms speaker is (3.89V squared/8 ohms=) 1.89W.

EDIT: The A6283 amplifier is made by Unisonic of Taiwan. Their datasheet shows only horrible 10% distortion and 4 ohm speakers.

Last edited:

Tridibeshhh

Joined Jun 25, 2022
I could not find out who makes the 6283 stereo amplifier IC but one website says it is common in India.
With a 12V supply its output could be bootstrapped to 11Vp-p which is (11Vroot of 2=) 3.89V RMS. Then the whoppng power in an 8 ohms speaker is (3.89V squared/8 ohms=) 1.89W.

EDIT: The A6283 amplifier is made by Unisonic of Taiwan. Their datasheet shows only horrible 10% distortion and 4 ohm speakers.
Can you suggest me a better stereo amplifier board that works best with a 12v 2amp step input voltage?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
TPA3116 low distortion amplifier IC s are made by Texas Instruments and many amplifier modules using them are available online.
They are also available with a Bluetooth receiver. The supply is from 4.5V to 26V.
A 12V supply can produce 14W per channel into 4 ohms or produce 7W per channel at 8 ohms.
The amplifier is class-D for low wasted heating.
With 28W stereo outputs into 4 ohm speakers the amplifier draws a 12V current of about 2.6A.
With 14W stereo outputs into 8 ohm speakers the amplifier draws a 12V current of about 1.31A.

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Hey i am going to make a TDA6283 based stereo amplifier. My question is can i connect the electronic components using copper wire. More specifically, i will be using a board with hole to git the components and i want to solder their pins using copper wire. If it really works, then what type of wire should i use?View attachment 270117
Use veroboard much better than fiddling with wires and as this is AF there's no issue with the nature of the strips, stray capacitance and so on.

Tridibeshhh

Joined Jun 25, 2022
TPA3116 low distortion amplifier IC s are made by Texas Instruments and many amplifier modules using them are available online.
They are also available with a Bluetooth receiver. The supply is from 4.5V to 26V.
A 12V supply can produce 14W per channel into 4 ohms or produce 7W per channel at 8 ohms.
The amplifier is class-D for low wasted heating.
With 28W stereo outputs into 4 ohm speakers the amplifier draws a 12V current of about 2.6A.
With 14W stereo outputs into 8 ohm speakers the amplifier draws a 12V current of about 1.31A.
Yes thanks, can you please post a stable power supply circuit using a step down 12v transformer, which i fan safely use with the handmade amp I'm about to make? Because previous project i used TDA4440 ic and at first it was working absolutely fine but i could hear noise distortion when I'm using transformer power supply but no distortion when i used 12v battery. After 4 days it stopped working.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
A 12V RMS transformer produces peak voltages of 12V x (root of 2)= 17V and if it has a grounded center-tap then the two rectifiers reduce the rectified peaks to 16V. The filter capacitor should be about 10000uF.

You hear distortion when the transformer is used probably because it does not produce enough current which causes its voltage to drop and cause the amplifier output to be clipping on the loudest peaks.

There was no TDA4440, maybe you have an old Sanyo LA4440 car stereo amplifier IC that produces 3W per channel into 4 ohms when powered from 13.2V? https://www.electronicscomp.com/datasheet/la4440-ic-datasheet.pdf