Hand Held 'Scope anyone?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I’m also interested in this. I have my tiny ~$20 1MHz scope thingy and it’s actually more useful than I expected, but I keep looking at the cheap but more capable ones. Trouble is, the market is pretty confusing and I can’t work out what is worth buting.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Max this is what I have that does a pretty good job and cheap. Come in various forms from DIY to semi or fully constructed. Cheaper when bought direct from AliX. This is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and fits in the shirt pocket.

1618944824130.png

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am looking at the Seeed Nano V3 which Digikey carry, a little more money than the ones shown so far, but reviews are fairly good.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
They are all basically the same scope but each being the latest iteration of it. Freq has increased and surprisingly the BNC probe connection changed to what looks like a barrel jack now? Hope the probe cable is shielded. It is available direct from china on AliX for only a few dollars cheaper. Not much discount on this latest iteration.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I have a single channel scope from AES wave. It is a fantastic little handheld and comes with all kinds of goodies. You can buy a basic scope or a kit which allows you to do much more depending on what you want to do. Jorge and his team provide excellent support and the graphics and accuracy are unparalleled in a small scope. Amazon carries a 4 channel version but I havent had the opportunity to try it yet.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have a single channel scope from AES wave. It is a fantastic little handheld and comes with all kinds of goodies. You can buy a basic scope or a kit which allows you to do much more depending on what you want to do. Jorge and his team provide excellent support and the graphics and accuracy are unparalleled in a small scope. Amazon carries a 4 channel version but I havent had the opportunity to try it yet.
That looks like a version of the Seeed Nano V3 I am looking at on Digikey.

FlyingDutch

Joined Mar 16, 2021
Last edited: