Hamming Code

Nikolai Kolev

Joined Jun 4, 2015
Can you tell me what's the original value of the received message 0x65c assuming there are no more than 1 mistakes? If possible please tell me how did you solve it The value is in hexadecimal

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Can you tell me what's the original value of the received message 0x65c assuming there are no more than 1 mistakes? If possible please tell me how did you solve it The value is in hexadecimal
Only if you define the exact coding scheme used. There are MANY Hamming codes and many more transmission protocol schemes employing them.

This is like asking, "Can you tell me the make and model of my car if the number of tires it has is three, assuming that I am not off by more than one?"

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Is this homework? It sure looks like it. If so, I can move it to the Homework Help forum where it will get more attention from the folks that like to help with homework. But be forewarned, you are expected to show YOUR efforts to solve the problem.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Yes, usually when a question like this is asked it is after some material has been handed out at least a pdf file. The pdf file will contain the variant that is needed to solve the problem, and show methods of calculation.