Hamamatsu Photodiodes

shakilabanu

Joined Jul 8, 2014
I am looking for some online source to buy Hamamatsu Photodiodes, with international shipping in small quantities. Following is the link to the products i am looking to buy. Some sellers like element 14 do have certain items, but not the full range of products.

http://www.hamamatsu.com/eu/en/4001.html

Is there any other site where I can buy these?

shakilabanu

Joined Jul 8, 2014
I am working on a project which will require me to try out different models of photodiodes from Hamamatsu, hence I was looking for a single source from where I could order retail quantities of different models of their photodiodes. Most online suppliers I have come across have a very few models available and hence not very useful to my requirement.

shakilabanu

Joined Jul 8, 2014
The industry for which I am designing this almost exclusively uses Hamamatsu, for reasons that I am not very sure of. Hence thought it would be a safe bet to go with them. Also when we look at the products from other players, I do see - to an extent that Hamamatsu has an edge one way or the other.

Anyways its too early in the design process and might consider other players down the line, but right now I am going with Hamamatsu.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
The industry for which I am designing this almost exclusively uses Hamamatsu, for reasons that I am not very sure of. Hence thought it would be a safe bet to go with them...
Perhaps you are required to use Hamamatsu. If so, OK.

But more fundamentally, I've made most of the successes in my career by bucking the trends, and not doing things "just because".

Lemmings come to mind...

shakilabanu

Joined Jul 8, 2014
Thanks for all the information people. I eventually found a dealer in India for Hamamatsu, problem solved.

Would have been lot easier if Hamamatsu had put up that info on their website!