Halogen transformer not working

SUNIL125

Joined Aug 11, 2021
I have 220 volt AC to 12 Volt electronic transformer. It doesn't give any out put 12 Volt AC. Both 12 v output phase and neutral wires are getting phase supply.
May I know what is the problem?

Attachments

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC!

At least to places on the PCB appear to have lifted traces and possibly a broken wire on the lower one. It looks like someone tried to repair the board but didn’t do very well.

E6046AB5-EF59-4B13-ADC3-F8210BED45E4.jpeg

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
You are saying to resolder that two points.
Not exactly. I am saying to repair them. I can’t tell why the lower one was jumpered using the lead, nor why if it now apparently broken, and I can tell if the upper one can be resoldered or if it’s pulled off its pad.

There is not enough information in the photo to know just what to do.

If you trace the connections and ensure they are going where they should, and check for continuity to the PCB traces, it might fix the device but in its current state I wouldn’t expect it to work.

Remember you are dealing with high voltage in this case and you should both be sure power is disconnected and when you reconnect it you are not near the device which, if there is a short or component failure, could produce arcs, fire, or shrapnel.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Looking again at the lower joint, it certainly has the appearance of melting open which would be a symptom of some Other problem and not a cause in itself.