Hakko 473 with a motor?

larryo

Joined Apr 27, 2020
Has anyone tried to use the motor from a 472d into a 473. The 473 has no motor. I was wondering if the two wires for the solenoid valve in the 473 can supply the voltage needed to drive the 472d motor? Both stations can use my 817 gun.
It would seem a cheaper option to drop a 473 pcb in my 472d box. That would eliminate the need for 2 boards per 472b boxes(I have 2, of which the pcb's are bad). Transformers are good.
Any ideas?
Larryo

prairiemystic

Joined Jun 5, 2018
These are great desoldering stations, too bad Hakko discontinued them and their spare parts :( What a mix you propose...
The 472/473 control board are almost identical, for a 24VAC pump motor and 24VDC vac solenoid.
472D uses a 24VDC brushed motor and different control board which has a big bridge rectifier and not sure what the power transistor is. If you can take the 473 board, add parts to convert the (normally AC triac) pump output to instead drive a DC motor, you should be in business. It's complicated because the Hakko controller boards have 3 or 4 rails.
Can you post pics of the boards you have? I'm in the middle of tracing the 472/473 schematic but it's very difficult. Goal is to fit alternate (Aoyue) gun to these stations. You need a 474 Hakko B2057 control board in essence I think.

larryo

Joined Apr 27, 2020
These are great desoldering stations, too bad Hakko discontinued them and their spare parts :( What a mix you propose...
The 472/473 control board are almost identical, for a 24VAC pump motor and 24VDC vac solenoid.
472D uses a 24VDC brushed motor and different control board which has a big bridge rectifier and not sure what the power transistor is. If you can take the 473 board, add parts to convert the (normally AC triac) pump output to instead drive a DC motor, you should be in business. It's complicated because the Hakko controller boards have 3 or 4 rails.
Can you post pics of the boards you have? I'm in the middle of tracing the 472/473 schematic but it's very difficult. Goal is to fit alternate (Aoyue) gun to these stations. You need a 474 Hakko B2057 control board in essence I think.
Thanks. I just looked at the solenoid valve online. Has a sticker that says 24vdc. Look like it should work. The board of my 472b is not identical, as it needs it's partner digital interface to work the temperature. I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase the 473 board as it will work with my 817. The motor from my 472d is also 24vdc. I'll just add a flyback diode.
Larryo

Attachments

larryo

Joined Apr 27, 2020
Sending a pic of the 473 pcb on ebay for 35 bucks

Attachments