Haas 30A, 40A & 40/30 HP servo amplifier input signal. Anyone know anything about them?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Interesting and apparently rather expensive finds I picked up while out of a service job last week.

Three Haas servo amplifiers, one 30a and two 40A units, plus a large 40/30 (~20 HP )spindle drive unit.

Good condition units from a suposedly working CNC center that got scrapped due to be mechanically worn out.

Now the problem I have is I have no clue what sort of control signal they use and work with.
Control signal wise all I can say is it's a 8 pin input.

Power input and output are simple enough. The main 40/30 unit takes 200 - 240 VAC three phase input and gives a VF three phase output to its motor plus supplies 320 VDC to the three servo amplifier units as well.

I also scored two huge Fanuc A06B-6064 servo drive units and four Fanuc Fuji FVR K7S 4.2 KVA (~3 HP) VFD units as well! :cool::D

Good haul but so far the four VFD's are the only things I can use until I get the control signal methods for the other devices figured out. :oops:

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Link is not working. Seems the server is down or inaccessible.
This forum software broke the link..
Copy/paste the whole thing.. Works fine for me..
Code:
https://diy.haascnc.com/english-electrical-service-manual-2006
I should have the schematic for our HAAS VF2 laying around somewhere too.. But I suspect thats online also somewhere..

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Thanks!

You got me further than I did myself on this project but not as far as I wanted to go.:(

So far it looks Page 40 and page 76 cables 610 and 640 pinouts is all I have to work with for any references to the Servo Amplifier control cable and Vector drive control cable wiring diagrams and what signals may be used on them.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Our HAAS service guy is coming in the next couple days for yearly PM..
I might be able to get more information if you need it...
Or I can grab his card and pass along the email,etc...

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
What are you intending to integrate them with?
Not a damn thing now. To proprietary for anything I would ever want to mess with. :oops:

It will go on eBay or it will get scrapped for parts.

As is I have zero justifiable use for it being I wasted the batter part of a day trying to figure out how it might work. :mad:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Our HAAS service guy is coming in the next couple days for yearly PM..
I might be able to get more information if you need it...
Or I can grab his card and pass along the email,etc...
Throw me a not so insulting offer and you/he can have it. I have zero use for it as it is now.