HA13150A Audio Amplifier Circuit

foxxyman

Joined Jul 19, 2018
The datasheet shows that the sound quality is pretty good if the output power is only 3W per channel or less.
huh and it says it's a 21W x4
hmmm
but the THD rises after 3W
I mean I did get this for free, sort-of
there's nothing can do to lower the THD is there?

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
huh and it says it's a 21W x4
hmmm
but the THD rises after 3W
I mean I did get this for free, sort-of
there's nothing can do to lower the THD is there?
Its output is 21W per channel when it is clipping like mad and producing horribly distorted squarewaves.
It has 4 amplifiers that have fairly low power and are used in a Japanese car radio. Use 4 hifi amplifiers with a much higher supply voltage instead. One TDA7294 hifi amplifier IC produces 60W with low distortion into 8 ohms with a 70V supply or 60W with low distortion into 4 ohms with a 54V supply.

foxxyman

Joined Jul 19, 2018
Its output is 21W per channel when it is clipping like mad and producing horribly distorted squarewaves.
It has 4 amplifiers that have fairly low power and are used in a Japanese car radio. Use 4 hifi amplifiers with a much higher supply voltage instead. One TDA7294 hifi amplifier IC produces 60W with low distortion into 8 ohms with a 70V supply or 60W with low distortion into 4 ohms with a 54V supply.
ok
I got this amp for free, so I thought I might as well use it

foxxyman

Joined Jul 19, 2018
Use 4 hifi amplifiers with a much higher supply voltage instead. One TDA7294 hifi amplifier IC produces 60W with low distortion into 8 ohms with a 70V supply or 60W with low distortion into 4 ohms with a 54V supply.
do you know of any good 4 channel chip amps? 60W channels would be amazing, but I don't need that much sound, 40W is just fine

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
do you know of any good 4 channel chip amps? 60W channels would be amazing, but I don't need that much sound, 40W is just fine
Where will 60W or 40W per channel come from? Isn't your amplifier in a car that has a 14.4V battery?
A bridged amplifier (BTL) powered from 14.4V produces only 20W or 21W into 4 ohms when barely clipping.
A TDA8594 (NXP/Philips) has 4 channels at 20W into 4 ohms with low distortion when powered by 14.4V in a car and it even has an output that warns you that it is getting too hot.

foxxyman

Joined Jul 19, 2018
Where will 60W or 40W per channel come from? Isn't your amplifier in a car that has a 14.4V battery?
A bridged amplifier (BTL) powered from 14.4V produces only 20W or 21W into 4 ohms when barely clipping.
A TDA8594 (NXP/Philips) has 4 channels at 20W into 4 ohms with low distortion when powered by 14.4V in a car and it even has an output that warns you that it is getting too hot.
I forgot to say that I took this amplifier chip off of a car stereo. The circuit board for the stereo was broken. I tried to fix it, which didn't work.
I am using for a family room's sound system.

foxxyman

Joined Jul 19, 2018
The datasheet for the amplifier chip shows how its pcb should be connected.
Yes I know, thing is, the datasheet is blurry and hard to read. I can't find any better datasheets for the chip. I was hoping the circuit I created would be just as good.