hello, I would like to know the exact purpose of diodes in an H bridge.
My understanding is that they allow current to flow in one direction only, thereby preventing short circuits if all four switching elements of an H bridge were activated at once i.e the diodes only allow current to flow through two diodes at any one time ?
Secondly, how would you modify an H bridge circuit if no diodes are used ?
That one I am not sure on at all.
Thank you kindly for any assistance.
My understanding is that they allow current to flow in one direction only, thereby preventing short circuits if all four switching elements of an H bridge were activated at once i.e the diodes only allow current to flow through two diodes at any one time ?
Secondly, how would you modify an H bridge circuit if no diodes are used ?
That one I am not sure on at all.
Thank you kindly for any assistance.