H-bridge analysis help

swebent

Joined Mar 13, 2019
Hi, I'm doing a course where we're suppose to analyse a circuit and i'm having some problems with the theoretical part.
The task is to analyse this circuit with different Vin's and read the voltage over RL but i'm having problems finding information on
how to approach the problem. I understand how the circuit works and that you can use it to control motors with the current changing direction in RL at a certain value. I have done labs and simulations on this circuit and know the different voltages over all components but can't get my theoretical values to match.
I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in so posted in test and measurements forum too.

what you need to know:
Vin vary from 0V - 12V
i think we use BC337-25 and BC327-25

Would be very greatful if someone could help me with this.
thankful for all the help I can get.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Start by analyzing it at 0V and at 12V. Those should be pretty easy.

By the way, that is a ridiculous circuit.The switching transistors are wires as emitter followers, and there will be horrible shoot through for voltage in the middle of the range.

Bob

swebent

Joined Mar 13, 2019
Start by analyzing it at 0V and at 12V. Those should be pretty easy.

By the way, that is a ridiculous circuit.The switching transistors are wires as emitter followers, and there will be horrible shoot through for voltage in the middle of the range.

Bob
Hi, yes i've tried to analys it with 0V from Vin but I find it hard to know how the current will divide in the first node from the 12V source since the base and collector are connected to the same voltage source.
haha yes the results from the lab and simulation was pretty crazy but similar. I am supose to find an easy way to make a small improvement on it aswell.